Online Brand and Reputation Management – American Marketing Association
Today I had the pleasure of presenting to the Word of Mouth group of the AMA (American Marketing Association). We had a great discussion about Online Brand and Reputation Management and social media.
Attached below is the presentation (note: coming soon – bootcampdigital.com training on digital and interactive marketing topics).
A few key thoughts:
- The internet is changing brand management – Brands control fewer of the interactions and touchpoints. This calls for new marketing approaches. Brands have to engage in an honest and transparent way to win over consumers.
- Steps to Brand Management:
- Manage your brand. Be proactive. Create accounts on social media sites to facilitate and engage in conversations. Reserve your name of social media sites. Decide your brand message and tone of voice and be consistent across platforms.
- Monitor your brand. Stay up to date on who is saying what about your brand. Measure sentiment as well as mentions. There are lots of tools ranging from free to expensive to help you do this…. check out Keotag, Trackur, Radian6, chatterguard and sentimentmetrics. Many services offer free trials – give it a shot and figure out what matches your brands’ needs.
- Engage, Participate and Respond. Respond to positive and negative comments. Build an active community of enthusiasts who love you. Be transparent and friendly to those who are negative; offer an explanation or help.
I really enjoyed meeting with this group – especially the intense and lively discussion after the presentation. Thank-you to the AMA for having me and to everyone who came and contributed 🙂